Horseback Equipment List
Equipment List Sheep, Goat and Caribou Horseback hunts
Gear plus rifle needs to kept under 60 lbs!!!
-Set of quality raingear ( Helly Hansen, Sitka Gear or Kuiu )
- Warm insulated jacket that can fit underneather your rain jacket( I prefer a down water resistant jacket) Light and compressable
-Light Jacket or hoody
- Light wool cap or beanie
- Good fitting leather gloves( deer skin are nice)
-Waterproof gloves, or Gore-Tex
- Good hiking boots( Kenetrek, Lowa, Miendl )
- Muck Boots ( Wetland, Woody Max or something rated for 32 F degrees or colder, -40 is not recommended.
-Headlight and one spare change of batteries
- Sleeping Bag rated for below freezing usually 0 F will keep you warm
- We provide foam mats but if you want extra comfort we recommend thermarest Neo Air 24inches wide, and whatever length you need. These are small and compact well worth having!
Most people pack more than they’ll use, what we suggest is what is average use.
2 pairs hunting pants or jeans, 2 t-shirts and long sleeve
Pair of socks for each day, 2 pair wool over socks
Underwear- your discretion but normal 4-6 pair, 1 set of light long johns
Toiletries, Babywipes come in very handy
Backpack that is at least 3000 cubic inches( Kuiu is making great packs)
Horse hunts internal frame!!! Backpack Sheep you want 4500 cubic inches minimum!
Small skinning or pocketknife
10x42 binos best you can afford ( Leica and Swarovski recommended)
Small digital camera with extra battery
40 rounds of ammo
2 Water bottles 32 oz. or 1 liter, Water Treatment system for Giardia
Lip Balm, sunscreen, earplugs( for snoring), reading material
Iridium Sat Phone or In Reach( Highly recommended)